- Study and understand the functional specifications and screen specifications provided for a given project.
- Prepare Test scenarios for responsible modules
- Get it reviewed by the Sr. QA Engineer or Project Leader QA or Quality Manager
- Prepare test cases for the respective modules
- Get the same reviewed and approved.
- Constantly update the test scenarios and cases as and when new ones are identified.
- Carry out testing as per the scripts
- Provide actual test effort details to the test in-charge along with details such as the number of bugs fixed, resolved, deferred etc. for each cycle of testing.
- Prepare/update Operational Qualification documents
- Report to the test in-charge regarding any stopping/critical issues or issues that obstruct the continuation of testing.
- Report to test Incharge on the problems being faced, that will not permit the completion of task within the given time.
- Reporting bugs in a meaningful and understandable manner which allows the problem to be reproduced.
- Guide Trainee engineers in functionality of relevant modules and in preparation of Test scenarios, test cases and bug reporting.